- ·August 31, 2021
If you are to pick between God or money, what are you going to pick? Okay, let me put it this way: Do you love God more than money? I am sure lots of Christians will pick God but the truth is that it’s easier to confess your love for God over money this way but in reality, we have seen a lot of Christians actually acting out their love for money over God!
God or money: The Judas spirit!
This disciple of Jesus Christ who became popular for the wrong reason actually picked money over God. Judas asked ungodly leaders this very unfortunate question:
NKJV Bible. Matthew 26:15-16
“What are you willing to give me if I deliver Him to you?” And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver. So from that time he sought the opportunity to betray Him.
Common Judas! You so much love money and you took a decision to deliver and betray God! Judas, you have seen the power of God demonstrated for three and half years by Jesus. You knew He was God in flesh. You knew. Yes, you were sure but you wanted money (a bribe) to betray God. You voted for money to kick against your personal conviction and belief!
God or money, Judas Iscariot picked money! That was very unfortunate indeed!
Related: Christian integrity and money issues
God or money: stop before you criticize Judas
You might have criticized and abused Judas over the years but it’s likely you are also asking ungodly people the same unfortunate question to deliver and betray God. It’s likely you are also reaching ungodly agreements and going into evil covenants because of money.
Many people or Christians have done this severally. They have been very quick to criticize Judas Iscariot and all those figures who disobeyed God in the bible but in reality, we should use their lives as lessons for our development and conducts as Christians. You may just be operating with the same Judas Spirit and you may not know that!
God or Money: Practical scenarios
Let us look at these practical scenarios where you may be picking money over God or demonstrating the Judas spirit:
- If you are a teacher and you are reaching agreements with parents and students to write examinations for them, you are operating with the Judas spirit. (This evil practice is very common in my part of the world. It’s really a shameful practice).
- If you are a husband or wife and you are committing adultery because of money or any reason, you have the Judas spirit.
- If you manipulate records in your office to gain selfish and evil financial advantage, you have the Judas spirit.
- If you sell defective products and services to make money, you have the spirit that got Judas destroyed.
- If you use the internet for fraudulent activities, you have the spirit of Judas.
- If you are a pastor and all you do is deceive members of your congregation because of money, then you are already delivering and betraying Jesus.
If all these apply to you, you need to repent and ask God for forgiveness. You need to deal with the situation with the help of God.
Judas spirit destroys
Judas failed to deal with this spirit and he walked into a prophecy that finally nailed him. It was a prophecy that someone would betray Jesus but the name was never mentioned. Judas walked into it because he failed to deal with that evil spirit. You should begin to deal with it now.
God is ever available to welcome you back. He is ever ready to forgive you (thank God for the shed blood of Jesus on the cross at Calvary).
The Judas spirit is real and is here powerfully in operation in these end times.
Article written by: Personal Development Admin
You can find more interesting free Christian faith online courses, Christian personal development ebooks and videos at https://sesanoguntade.com.