Did you know that God hides His people? Do you know God has kept you hidden in an openly chaotic world?
- When Jezebel cut off the prophets of the LORD, Obadiah took a hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water (1 Kings 18:4).
- God preserved seven thousand in Israel during Elijah’s time. All the knees which have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth which has not kissed him
(1 Kings 19:18).
- God hid Elijah when he was spiritually weak. God strengthened him and set him off again for His glorious work (1 Kings 17:3).
- God hid Daniel in the lions den. (Daniel 6:22)
- The angels struck the evil people of sodom and Gomorrah with blindness. Lot and his family took off in time for God to destroy the land. (Genesis 19:11)
Jesus hid Himself often so He could keep spreading the gospel (John 8:59)
We can hide in Christ when we live fully dependent on God alone
God is our hiding place. He is our refuge from evil that attacks us every single day. He is our safety and security, spirit, soul and body. We are hid in Christ (Colossians 3:3).
God protects many believers today from the clutches of first world problems. The deceitfulness of riches is one of the three hindrances to preparing oneself for the coming of the Lord. The other two being cares of the world and fleshly lusts.
The western world is grappling with basic New Testament text because of overly intellectualising what God has revealed and is present today. For e.g. the evidence of unintelligible tongues which comes when baptised with the Holy Spirit, and is for self edification. The nine gifts of the Holy Spirit, which includes other tongues and interpretation of tongues – for the edification of the church.
Many don’t believe God still does wonders and miracles. How can we experience all what the NT teaches? Come to God humbly. Surrender willingly to learn, without fears and doubts. Then He will hide us and teach us.
Stay in the cleft of the rock.
Jesus is coming soon.
Maranatha, Praise God and Amen.
Used with permission from Nehemiah Zion.