Have you lost the joy of the Lord? It’s not too late to get yourself up and about in Christ.
There are several reasons why we do not feel joy as believers. Some of them include still carrying burdens, fear of sinning again or having sinned, fear of losing someone, finding pleasure in worldliness and things of this world, etc.
How to walk in the fullness of joy in your heart?
1. Come to Jesus and lay all your burdens before Him. Take the light burden He gives. Fulfilling God’s will brings the greatest joy. (Matthew 11:29,30) (John 16:33)
2. Restore the joy of your salvation in repentance and thanksgiving. Remember the great salvation which you have entered by the grace of God. (Psalms 51:12)
3. Drink the new wine day and night. Do not live in the flesh relying on meat and drink. The new wine of the Holy Spirit will not only restore but renew and refine you as you surrender daily to God’s word. (Romans 14:17)
4. Stay in the presence of God to experience the fullness of joy. (Psalms 16:11)
5. Meditate on God’s word. John, the Baptist, in Elizabeth’s womb, leapt in joy when Mary met them with Jesus in her womb. How excited are you about God’s word? (Luke 1:44)
6. Renew your vision. King David had the vision of Christ as an old testament saint. How? He was a man after God’s own heart. (Acts 2:25-31)
7. Build your prayer life to experience healing of every kind, spirit, soul and body. The lame man daily asked for alms by the temple to Peter and John. God answered with a healing miracle. (Acts 3:1-8)
All is not lost, dear believer. God is ever-present to restore your joy once again for His glory. Reclaim your joy in Jesus’ mighty name. Maranatha, Praise God, and Amen.
Used with permission from Nehemiah Zion.