What does it mean to be forgiven by God? Do you feel forgiven? If you do, how has your life changed?
We know God forgives only those who forgives others (Matthew 6:14).
“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
Is forgiveness of sin in your life leading to a godly walk?
What happens when we begin to forgive?
- When there was no one willing to throw a stone at the woman caught in adultery, Jesus told her to sin no more. Once forgiven, we set our heart to sin no more. (John 8:11)
- Jesus did not condemn the woman. Once forgiven, do not condemn yourself (Romans 8:1).
- We become givers, like Zacchaeus (Luke 19:6,8)
- We are blessed or happy (Romans 4:7). We stay happy, because Jesus has overcome the world (John 16:33)
- Those who are forgiven much, love much (Luke 7:47)
Every believer has received the greatest pardon. We could never be free had it not been for the cross. The shed blood of Jesus freed us from the power of sin, forgiving us and enabling a walk like Jesus.
Peter learnt forgiveness from His Master, Jesus. We know the theory was followed by a practical exam. Peter became a chief apostle who preached about the need to forgive because of the One who died for all mankind.
“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.”
Walk like you are forgiven. Forgive others, follow the word of God. Maranatha, praise God and Amen!
Used with permission from Nehemiah Zion.