Almost half of the world’s population is moved into a larger and more joyous celebration in December. It’s the supposed birth of Jesus Christ! Christians are therefore using inspirational Christmas quotes as messages of love, kindness, joy, etc,
The world is saturated with several religious festivals but Christmas looks exceptional. About one-third of the world’s population celebrates Christmas. In a season like this, many Christians search for inspirational Christmas quotes to light up the energy and enthusiasm for the celebration.
Here I have collected a number of inspirational Christmas quotes to help anyone looking for messages that are relevant to use in a season like this.
The origins of Christmas have been a controversial topic among Christians. Historically, it evolved from both the pagan and Roman cultures. The Romans used to celebrate two festivals (Saturnalia & the birth of Mithrain/sun God) in the month of December —thus the forgery of 25th December as the birth of Jesus Christ.
This date renders a special holiday to about 80% of Christians around the world. Do you celebrate Christmas? If ‘Yes’ then get ready to inspire yourself with some Christmas quotes while you celebrate the birth of Christ. It’s a time to rejoice, give out gifts to friends, families and loved ones.
Whatever the case might be, I am here to share with you some inspiring Christmas quotes.
Inspiring Quotes For Christmas
1. “A good conscience is a continual Christmas.” —Benjamin Franklin
2. “Faith is salted and peppered through everything at Christmas. And I love at least one night by the Christmas tree to sing and feel the quiet holiness of that time that’s set apart to celebrate love, friendship, and God’s gift of the Christ child.” —Amy Grant
3. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.”
— Washington Irving
4. “The first meaningful friendship moment we had was when Ant sent me a Fred Flintstone Christmas card and it said, ‘To Dec from Ant, have a yabba dabba do Christmas.’” —Declan Donnelly
5. “Despite the pain of his death, George is still very much alive in my memory today. A few years on from that tragic Christmas, I’ll sometimes catch myself thinking of our friendship and those years together as young kids in Wham!—Andrew Ridgeley
6. “For the millions of Americans, like my family, who believe that there is a creator God who can be known personally, Christmas is a celebration of Jesus’ offer of love and forgiveness for all people.” —James Lankford
7. “Why is there an end of the year? Because the calendar imposes numerical order on time. There is a natural fitness in the celebration of the New Year, a holiday of numbers imposed on things, with lists, as well as with Advent calendars and songs like ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas.’” —Elif Batuman
8. “The message of Christmas is that the visible material world is bound to the invisible spiritual world.” —Anonymous
9. “God walked down the stairs of heaven with a Baby in His arms.”
— Paul Scherer
10. “May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!” —Anonymous
11. “For the spirit of Christmas fulfills the greatest hunger of mankind.”
— Loring A. Schuler
12. “At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year.” —Thomas Tusser
13. Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year – and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority.
More Inspiring Quotes For X’mas
14. “What is Christmas? It is a tenderness for the past. Courage for the present, hope for the future.” —Anonymous
15. “Humanity is a great, an immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” —Anonymous
16. “Every gift which is given, even though it may be small, is great, if it is given with affection.” —Anonymous
17. “The reality of loving God is loving him like he’s a Superhero who saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.” —Anonymous
18. “And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans and all that lives and move upon them.” —Anonymous
19. “Christmas is truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” —Anonymous
20. “Christmas to me, is to make as many people as possible happy.” —Anonymous
21. “Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” —Anonymous
22. “I heard the bells on Christmas Day Their old, familiar carols play. And wild, and sweet, The words repeat Of peace on earth, good-will to men!” —Anonymous
23. “Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on your troubles will be out of sight.” —Anonymous
24. “Christmas and the holidays is the season of giving. It’s a time when people are more kind and open-hearted.” —Anonymous
25. “If you want to experience the true meaning of Christmas, give something to someone who can offer nothing in return.” —Anonymous
26. “The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.” —Anonymous
27. “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you rich in both.” —Anonymous
28. “God goes to those who have time to hear him-and so on this cloudless night he went to simple shepherds.” —Anonymous
29. “Christmas is forever, not just for one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” —Anonymous
30. “He sees you when you’re sleeping. He knows when you’re awake. He knows when you’ve been bad or good, so be good, for goodness sake!” —Anonymous
31. “May your hearth be warm, your holidays grand, and your heart held gently in the good Lord’s hand.” —Anonymous
32. “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merry-making. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” —Anonymous
33. “Christmas gives us an opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” —Anonymous
34. “Let us have music for Christmas… Sound the trumpet of joy and rebirth; Let each of us try, with a song in our hearts. To bring peace to men on earth.” —Anonymous
35. “Want to keep Christ at Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, welcome the unwanted, care for the ill. Love your enemies, and do unto others as you would have done unto you.” —Anonymous
May these inspirational Christmas quotes energize you to celebrate the holidays with love. Don’t forget to share with friends and loved ones.
Anthony Eshun is a Christian blogger from Ghana, saved by grace. Loves the Bible, life coaching, and evangelism. With over 5 years of experience in blogging, he has reached out to thousands of people around the world.
Republished with permission from Lovelytony22 from his blog https://africanparadiseworld.com.