Families are God’s precious gift to us, and they require our attention even in days of pressure and busyness. Here are three verses about wives and children, followed by some links to resources. May God speak to you through one or more of these:
- “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers” (1 Peter 3:7).
- “Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward” (Psalm 127:3).
- “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
Some recommended resources:
- What Does It Mean for a Man to Lead His Family Spiritually? by John Piper (14 minute audio)
- 25 Ways to Spiritually Lead Your Family by Dennis Rainey
- 10 Promises for Parents by Kevin DeYoung
- Here are some past articles from my blog related to marriage: Husbands, Your Wife Is Your God-Given Assignment, Don’t Neglect Dating Your Spouse and Investing in Your Marriage, and Cultivating Your Marriage and Guarding It from Impurity
- And here are some past articles from my blog related to fatherhood: Leaving a Legacy of Faithfulness: The Father as Model and Mentor, Advice for Dads Who Didn’t Grow Up with Role Models, The One Thing My Daughter Remembered Most About My Parenting, and Some Thoughts about Fathering (and Grand-fathering)
By Randy Alcorn, Eternal Perspective Ministries, www.epm.org. Used with permission.