John 3 vs. 3: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
I met a lady online yesterday, she had contacted me for counselling, and I noticed she was almost half nude in her displayed photo. She told me she is a Christian, explaining that the photo is her gym attire. I then asked her if she is a born again Christian, as the photo portrayed her more of a sex worker. She then asked me the difference between a Christian and a born again Christian. The compilation below is a response to the question on the difference between a Christian and a born again Christian
- A Christian believes in Jesus Christ, a born again Christian is a disciple of Jesus.
- A Christian is church goer, a born again Christian is a servant in the church.
- A Christian attends only Sunday service, a born again Christian attends Sunday services and week day services.
- A Christian opens his Bible only on Sundays during sermons, a born again Christian reads his Bible day and night.
- A Christian rarely fasts, a born again Christian is always fasting.
- A Christian can barely say the Lord’s prayer, a born again Christian can pray for long on any issue.
- A Christian is always looking for prayer points or who to pray for him, a born again Christian is a generator of prayers.
- A Christian can only pray in his understanding, a born again Christian can pray both in understanding and in the spirit.
- Most Christians only know the first verses of Psalms 23 and 121; a born again Christian can quote several scriptures.
- A Christian still keeps worldly friends, attend weird parties, drinks alcoholics, smokes, and indulges in sexual sins, but a born again Christian does not drink or smoke, chaste, faithful to his wife, and rarely socializes.
- A Christian is tied to church doctrines even when they are contrary to the Bible, a born again Christian believes in the scriptures and rejects church doctrines when they are contrary to the Bible.
- A Christian still practices the traditions of his ancestors, a born again Christian reject any tradition that is contrary to the Bible.
- A Christian exposes her body and makes up excessively like a Jezebel; a born again Christian dresses up for glory and beauty, covers her body, and is natural.
- A Christian finds it difficult to support the gospel financially, a born again Christian gives sacrificially to the gospel.
- A Christian watches action, adventurous, worldly films and listens to romantic music, a born again Christian censors what he ears, watches, or see. His standard is what will Jesus say, ear, or watch?
- A Christian belongs to the new school interested only in motivational, inspirational, and prosperity messages, a born again Christian is more excited to hear salvation messages.
- A Christian is a soul waiting to be won for Christ, a born again Christian is a soul winner.
- A Christian participates in any discussions including filthy conversations, a born again Christian walks away from evil communication.
- A Christian is focused on riches and pleasures of the world- how to become the next millionaire, a born again Christian is focused on heaven- how to win souls and make heaven.
- A Christian sees the opposite sex as a potential sexual partner, a born again Christian looks for the way to share the gospel with anyone he meets.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3
This entry was posted in Christianity and tagged Babatope Babalobi, Bible study, born again, Christian, christian beliefs, christian prayers, Christianity, church, Devotionals, good news, john3vs3, Prayers, Religion, Save the World, save the world prayer blog.