Crushing poverty mentality is the focus of this post today. This is a very important topic considering the many wonderful promises of God to His children on financial prosperity.
Despite these many beautiful and ever dependable promises of God, children of God with wrong mentality or with poverty mentality will find it difficult allowing the promises of God to find expression in their lives.
What is poverty mentality?
- Don’t befriend poverty
- What is mentality?
- What Jesus said about taking poverty mentality away
- How books have helped to crush poverty mentality
- As he thinks in his heart
- What you need to execute big projects
- What you need to crush poverty mentality: A summary
What is poverty mentality?
Poverty mentality can be practically defined or explained in the following ways:
- I will know from your talk in our discussion if you have a poverty mentality.
- I will know with the way you comport yourself if you have a poverty mentality.
- People who usually talk less of themselves and talk high of some people have poverty mentality.
- Read what people with poverty mentality usually say. “He is lucky because his parents have money. As for me I don’t have that type of luck.” ” It’s a pity that my parents are poor. This is the reason why I am not achieving or succeeding at anything in life.” “All the people who are rich in this country are thrives” (You are wrong. Not all rich people in your country are thieves. You are only giving excuses for your poverty mentality).
- This other statement are also common: “Aaah, that project is too big, I can never execute it.” And then this: “The obstacles against me are too much. I can never make it life.”
Don’t befriend poverty
I am sure you’re familiar with all I mentioned above.
When you have poverty mentality, you have decided to allow poverty to be your friend! If you have poverty mentality, even if anyone gives you 5 million dollars, you will misuse it and come back to zero level!!!
What is mentality?
Mentality is simply how you think. How you think is simply as a result of the contents of your mind and heart. Contents means the information or the truth in your mind or heart.
When you have so much lies in your heart and mind, then your mentality will be wrong. Whenever God wants to commit great project into your hands or when He wants to take you to another level, He begins to do something about your mentality.
What Jesus said about taking poverty mentality away
Look at what Jesus said below about taking poverty mentality away:
No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; or else the new piece pulls away from the old, and the tear is made worse.
And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”
The message above is very important to you if you want to understand how to crush poverty mentality.
You don’t qualify for new levels if you still operate at old thinking levels. New wine (new level) can’t come up if you still have old wine skins (old thinking levels).
The reason God wants you to always ensure you have improving or godly or healthy mentality. You are not qualifed for new levels if you still keep old mentality or old ways of thinking.
I observed anytime God wants to take me to a new level or new project, He always open my eyes to see:
- New revelations from the scripture.
- Gain access to a book in that area.
- Send me to attend programs of mentors or experts in that area.
- Meet top experts in that area.
I can’t forget the day I met Dr. Sunny Ojeagabase, owner and publisher of Complete Sports (one of the biggest sports publishing firm in my country), in his office.
I can’t forget when I met Pastor Bisi Adewale (a foremost family and marriage minister in my country), in his office
They were days something shifted in my mind and thoughts.
How books have helped to crush poverty mentality
Some books have also helped me to crush negative and poverty mentality and to go higher in thought.
So poverty mentality is as a result of the old thoughts or lies or wrong information you allowed to be stored in your memory and mind.
As he thinks in his heart
The scripture below should also help you:
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he…”
As you think in your heart so you are. The quality of information in your heart will always determine the quality of thoughts you have and the quality of thoughts you have will always determine the quality of life you will live.
Please read the last statement very well until it sinks into you. If you are born again, never ever say you are poor again.
Jesus became poor so that through His poverty you can be rich.
If you truly accept and understand what Jesus has done, you will never allow anyone to call you a poor person again.
Agreed, you still don’t have all the money in this world but do you know that money is just a paper and a legal means of exchange of goods and services. The paper money was designed by human beings for this purpose.
In the spiritual realm, they don’t use paper money. What they use is spiritual.
When God created heavens and the earth He did not use paper money. When Jesus fed 5000 people, He did not use paper money.
So don’t limit your God and yourself to the availability or non availability of paper money.
God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that you think or know.
Stop limiting God to paper money.
What you need to execute big projects
The following are what you need to execute big projects:
- Understand you are child of God.
- Understand that as a child, God is committed to help you and make you prosper.
- Put what you want to achieve on paper. Plan it out.
- Raise it to God in prayers. Yes pray over it instead of worrying or getting discouraged because there is no money in your bank account.
- Wait on God and allow Him to work it out in His own ways.
My big book project
I once excecuted a book project without the required paper money in my bank account. A partner showed up after I have been praying about it.
If you are born again, you have been blessed by God. That means spiritually, poverty is already crushed in your life.
But you have to keep your relationship with God studying His Word and relating effectively with His Spirit and getting the right information into your heart and mind to enjoy the physical benefits of these spiritual blessings.
What you need to crush poverty mentality: A summary
So let me summarize steps to take to crush poverty mentality below:
- You must be born again. If you are not born again and you’re reading this, consider giving your life to Jesus Christ today. Pray to Him to save you and to become your personal Lord and Savior today.
- Search the scriptures for the truth about your victory over poverty and the many promises of God to bless you financially. This is the main truth you need to continually store in your mind.
- Begin to read books on financial prosperity or how to use it to handle or invest money. You should read books of anointed authors on this topic
- You will need to be prayerful too allowing the Holy Spirit to lead you with relevant prayer points. There may be some spiritual battles you need to crush in this regard.
- Leaen to relate with high flyers. Don’t relate with people who have poverty mentality. Read books of rich men. That way you are relating with them. With their books, you make them your friends.
- Don’t join the public to confess ungodly thoughts and confession. When they say the economy is tight. Say, though the economy is not going well but God will help me through and I will prosper even in this economy.
As they say that the Nigerian, African and even the world economy is bad and having troubles, many godly multimillionaires and billionaires are coming up everyday.
They don’t have two heads. Stop confessing poverty. You are blessed already with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places.
I hope this post has blessed you. I want to read your comment. I want you to share this post with your friends on social media.