Here are some of the best quotes about loyalty to inspire you to give the best of yourself to people who deserve it. Be loyal with caution because humans are unpredictable. But never regret exercising this virtue.
Being loyal to someone or something is quite difficult for many to practice. It’s a challenge to stay true to the people we say we love and care about. Humans are ironically said to be less loyal to dogs. Well, this holds an undeniable truth. Why because dogs have proven beyond imagination that they truly love, care and trust their owners. I believe quotes about loyalty will remind you today to keep on being loyal to your promises and the people you care about and love.
In a deeper commitment, you should strive to maintain your friendship, marriage or whatever partnership you have been within. However, loyalty doesn’t come overnight. It takes a lot of time, and experience to prove a high level of trust before sometimes loyalty could be seen working within two people or a group of people.
The benefits of being loyal include success, happiness, productivity, etc. Use some of the loyalty quotes in this write-up to awaken your love and trust for the people you care so much about. You may also take a detour to read some related verses about relationships.
40 Inspiring Loyal Quotes
1. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” —Colin Powell
2. “In order to truly value loyalty, you must first endure the affliction of betrayal.” —Thomas Merritt
3. “I have a loyalty that runs in my bloodstream, when I lock into someone or something, you can’t get me away from it because I commit that thoroughly. That’s in friendship, that’s a deal, that’s a commitment. Don’t give me paper – I can get the same lawyer who drew it up to break it. But if you shake my hand, that’s for life.” —Jerry Lewis
4. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding mutual confidence sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” —Ann Landers
5. “Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family – a domestic church.” —Pope John Paul II
6. “The real ‘Lord of the Flies’ is a tale of friendship and loyalty; one that illustrates how much stronger we are if we can lean on each other.” —Rutger Bregman
7. “Honesty and loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” —Taylor Lautner
8. “Soldiers, when committed to a task, can’t compromise. It’s unrelenting devotion to the standards of duty and courage, absolute loyalty to others, not letting the task go until it’s been done.” —John Keegan
9. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. All other pacts of love or fear derive from it and are modeled upon it.” —Haniel Long
10. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” —Ernie Banks
11. “For above all things Love means sweetness and truth and measure; yea loyalty to the loved one and to your word. And because of this I dare not meddle with so high a matter.” —Marie de France
12. “You give loyalty you’ll get it back. You give love you get it back.” —Tommy Lasorda
13. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.” —Zig Ziglar
14. “You will reciprocally promise love, loyalty and matrimonial honesty. We only want for you this day that these words constitute the principle of your entire life and that with the help of divine grace you will observe these solemn vows that today, before God, you formulate.” —Pope John Paul II
15. “Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.” —Morihei Ueshiba
16. “Amongst the qualities a hero should have, I would include determination, loyalty, courage, perseverance, patience, focus, intrepidity and selflessness.” —Ricky Martin
17. “I place an enormous premium on loyalty. If someone betrays me, I can forgive them rationally, but emotionally I have found it impossible to do so.” —Richard E. Grant
18. “I’m loyal, and I like my friends. Friendship enriches your life and makes it more interesting.” —Wendi Deng Murdoch
19. “You should never undermine friendship and loyalty.” —Toyah Willcox
20. “If one of two lovers is loyal, and the other jealous and false, how may their friendship last, for Love is slain!” —Marie de France
21. “Nobody ever chooses the already unfortunate as objects of his loyal friendship.” —Lucan
22. “Where would you be without friends? The people to pick you up when you need lifting? We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends – your own chosen family. There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” —Jennifer Aniston
23. “Friendship is held to be the severest test of character. It is easy, we think, to be loyal to a family and clan, whose blood is in your own veins.” —Charles Eastman
24. “There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When You’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.” —Kenneth Blanchard
25. “Usually, you don’t have commitment promises in a friendship. Usually, it just grows.” —Sheila Heti
26. “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” —Isaiah 26:3
27. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” —Albert Einstein
28. “The most valuable things in life are friendships, trust, confidence, empathy, mercy, love and faith.” —Bertrand Russell
29. “Life is at its weakest when there is more doubt than trust. But life is at its strongest when one learns to trust despite all the doubts.” —Anonymous
30. “The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.” —Ulysses S. Grant
31. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” —Epicurus
32. “When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” —Henri Nouwen
33. “One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” —Maya Angelou
34. “How would your life be different if…You approached all relationships with authenticity and honesty? Let today be the day…You dedicate yourself to building relationships on the solid foundation of truth and authenticity.” —Steve Maraboli
35. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” —Euripides
36. “Mary Lincoln provided Elizabeth Keckley with opportunities for social and economic advancement she probably had never imagined during her years as a slave, while Elizabeth offered Mary the loyal, steadfast friendship she craved but had always found so elusive.” —Jennifer Chiaverini
37. “And though my Lord hath lost his estate and been banished out of his country, yet neither despised poverty nor pinching necessity could make him break the bonds of friendship or weaken his loyal duty.” —Margaret Cavendish
38. “A lot of why I climb is for the friendship, the loyalty and trust, the shared experience of being in that moment.” —Jimmy Chin
39. “As long as you as an individual… can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic you can be described as one of the faithful one of those people who can say Well look somethings going to happen! Let’s just keep trying. Let’s not give up.” —Tom Hanks
40. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” —Mother Teresa
I strongly believe these quotes about loyalty have been a good reminder to you. Practicing the act of loyalty is something essential in friendships, marriages and any type of relationship. It strengthens the bond and brings about genuine happiness, success and trustworthiness. Finally, be loyal to those who deserve it.
Anthony Eshun is a Christian blogger from Ghana, saved by grace. Loves the Bible, life coaching, and evangelism. With over 5 years of experience in blogging, he has reached out to thousands of people around the world.
Republished with permission from Lovelytony22 from his blog https://africanparadiseworld.com.