Dissatisfied with Your Life? Introducing the Quietly Unconventional Manifesto - Lisa E Betz
Are you dissatisfied with your current life?
- Do you wish you could be seen, heard, and understood for who you are, deep down inside, without any mask or pretense?
- Are you tired of feeling like a secret misfit for not being satisfied with the image-perfect lifestyle and cookie-cutter preferences of all the “normal” people around you?
- Are you ready to quit the hustle to measure up and stop living in fear of what other people think, so you can pursue your God-given calling in your own quirky, unique way?
- Have you had it with people pleasing or perfectionism controlling your life and stealing your joy?
- Has your life become too superficial, as if you’ve been living on autopilot for too long?
- Are you ready to trade in the rat race for a calmer, simpler, more satisfying life where you have time to do what really matters?
If you said “Yes!!” to any of the above questions, you’ve come to the right place.
This site is dedicated to helping people like you move beyond a conventional keep-everyone-happy-and-prove-your-worth lifestyle, so you can live the happier, healthier, more satisfying, uniquely designed life you were created for.
Why we’re stuck in a dissatisfied life
The world does all it can to erode out self-worth and make us feel small, stuck, stressed, and insignificant. Every day of our lives we encounter spoken and unspoken messages about what we should think, say, do, and feel in order to be acceptable, approved, and considered successful. We can wear ourselves out trying to do all we think we must to please the right people, accomplish the right goals, and prove how successful we are in our career, ministry, fitness, and family life.
If you’re like me, you’ve tried that lifestyle and found it wanting. Striving to earn success by conforming to society’s whims and expectations leads to a stressed out, weary, dissatisfied life.
That’s not the life I dream of. I bet it’s not the life you want either.
A different option
I’ve been trying for months to write a concise statement that describes the foundational concepts that help me escape from the trap of pleasing others and hustling to measure up, and instead encourage me to live confidently, purposefully, and authentically.
This manifesto is the final result. It’s my best attempt to collect the core beliefs I want to live by. They remind me that I matter because God made me on purpose and for a purpose. They remind me I am exactly who I am supposed to be, with precisely the skills, personality, and dreams to do amazing, deeply satisfying work (whether anyone else recognizes my success or not).
And they remind me I must quit pretending to be someone I’m not if I hope to honor God, become my best self, reach my true potential, and make the biggest possible contribution I can to the world.
They can help you do the same.
The Quietly Unconventional Manifesto (in brief)
Here are the ten key concepts that make up my manifesto.
- I am valuable.
- I am God’s original.
- My life has significance.
- I am effective when I honor my true self.
- I don’t need to live loudly to matter.
- I need community to thrive.
- I respect others’ unconventionality.
- Positive growth requires change.
- Conformity stifles everyone’s best.
- Living unconventionally doesn’t happen by default
To see the full manifesto, please click over to my brand new Quietly Unconventional Manifesto page. (Please take a look. I’d love to hear your feedback.)
In the coming weeks, I’ll be expanding each of these points. Check back each week for more content that will help you live a more satisfying life. (Join my Quietly Unconventional mailing list and you’ll receive these posts in your inbox.)
In the meantime, here are some memes you can share on social media to encourage your friends.