We are all running in the race of life, but, where to? Are you sure about the race you are running? This race you are running is not an uncertain one.
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
When believers walk in the truth, the world will begin to see the clarity of our walk. Jesus is the only truth. Do not run in vain (Philippians 2:16). So many believers lose their vision in the middle of their walk with God. The pandemic has tested everyone, igniting a few to have a closer walk with God, while others are taking stock of their own lives, hopeless or waiting on God to revive them.
Nothing can go against the truth of God. Everything we do outside of God’s will, will hurt us.
How to run the race of life?
1. Run to obtain (1 Corinthians 9:24)
2. Obey the truth (Galatians 5:7)
3. Put aside every weight (Hebrews 12:1,2)
4. Subject your flesh (1 Corinthians 9:27)
5. Be patient in prayer (Isaiah 40:31)
Who to run towards?
Run to God, our strong tower. God created us for Himself. Turning away or rejecting the ways of God is an unsafe path man is on.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
What to run from?
1. Flee idolatry (1 Corinthians 10:14)
2. Flee from strangers (John 10:5)
3. Run from the love of money (1 Timothy 6:6-10)
4. Run from evil (Proverbs 1:16)
5. Flee fornication (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
To run the race of life we need to give room for the power of the Holy Spirit. Only He can help us overcome the evils of daily life (Matthew 6:33,34). It’s time to fly. Maranatha, Praise God and Amen.
Used with permission from Nehemiah Zion.