We can think correctly only when we have the peace of God in our hearts. What is necessary to receive the peace that passes all understanding?
Paul’s writing to Philippians, chapter 4, verses 1-6 tells us how.
- Stand fast in the Lord
- Be of the same mind of Christ
- Rejoice in the Lord
- Walk, in moderation
- Avoid worry through prayer, supplication and thanksgiving
These are practical lifestyle choices for all believers to live victoriously. Anyone who loves the Lord exercises these principles and receives the peace of Christ which keeps our minds and hearts prepared for the coming of the Lord.
When you are full of peace, good thinking prevails
When we have the peace of God, then, and then only, can we think good thoughts. What kind of thoughts? Godly good thoughts that promote clean, holy living. Thoughts that would fall under these six categories (Philippians 4:8).
- Truth – Jesus always spoke the truth, no matter how hard it was.
- Honesty – Joseph was honest in all his dealings under slavery.
- Just or righteous – King Solomon was a just king and dealt fairly with all.
- Holiness – Isaiah was cleaned up in the presence of God.
- Lovely or full of love – Jesus was full of compassion while ministering to the flock.
- Good report – Joshua and Caleb brought a good report even though the ten other spies brought fear and doubt. A good report is a faith talk that glorifies God.
It is amazing how the Bible is more than enough to learn, how and what, to think.
Now is the time to look at Jesus. Examine the word of God more deeply to be guided by the Holy Spirit. Labour for everlasting life, walking wisely, redeeming the time. May the zeal of Jesus fill our being as we strive for His kingdom. Maranatha, Praise God and Amen!
Used with permission from Nehemiah Zion.