Do not be a bribe giver or taker
By Babatope Babalobi email@example.com +234 80 35 897435
Save the World Christian ministry App: http://qrco.de/babalobi
Acts 24 vs 26-27
26 He hoped also that money should have been given him of Paul, that he might loose him: wherefore he sent for him the oftener, and communed with him.
27 But after two years Porcius Festus came into Felix’ room: and Felix, willing to shew the Jews a pleasure, left Paul bound.
- Paul was arrested for preaching the gospel, he was put in prison and brought before the governor ‘Felix’.
- The Bible makes us understand that before then, Felix was always sending to Paul asking him to come and explain himself but his real intention was that Paul will give him a bribe so he could free Paul.
- But Paul refused to offer him a bribe, so he was in the prison for two years.
- He preferred to be in prison than to offer a bribe.
- The lesson here is that we should be a person of integrity.
- Many of us are quick to offer bribes. Both the bribe taker and bribe giver are guilty.
- The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. – Proverb 10 vs 22
- There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. – Proverb 14 vs 12
- Do not be a bribe giver or bribe-taker, anything you don’t get righteously is never your own.
- Do not use your strength to create opportunities for yourself. Anything God is not willing to give you is not yours.
- Let God do it, don’t use your strength.
- Let God heal you
- Let God deliver you
- Let God provide for you
- Allow God to take all the glory.
Babatope Babalobi ministries (aka Save the World christian ministry). Used with permission.