Nothing inspires, motivates and gladdens the heart than the word of God. The best of life could be found in Jesus Christ and here are several quotes for Christians to help them exercise their divine responsibilities with love.
As Christianity is practiced by approximately 2.38 billion people out of the 7 billion in the world, many have shared their experiences and knowledge through quotes, wise sayings, and other inspirational messages. Looking at the figure above —it means 1/3 of the world’s population is Christian. Quotes for Christians for instance are very common but here I will share with you several Christian quotes that are very educative and inspiring.
You may also take a detour to read some interesting quotes about God… Welcome back… Some of the Christian quotes here are thought-provoking, you may have to contemplate them to grasp their true meaning.
I have categorized them based on some of the profound Christian virtues such as love, forgiveness and hope. These must be visibly seen in the life of every true Christian. I believe the quotes here will be a blessing to you.
Quotes For Christians Around The World
Get some of these lovely Christian quotations about the world we live in today. You could see some Biblical principles portrayed in several of them here.
1. “There is no better exercise for the heart than bending down to pick up someone who has fallen.”
2. “God only asks that if you have much, you share your possessions and if you have little, you share your heart.”
3. “There is no doubt, we all live a busy life but be careful, don’t start deceiving yourself. Measure yourself and you will find that you’re spending time on the lesser things of life instead of what really matters.”
4. “I did once seriously think of embracing the Christian faith. The gentle figure of Christ, so full of forgiveness that he taught his followers not to retaliate when abused or struck, but to turn the other cheek – I thought it was a beautiful example of the perfect man.” —Mahatma Gandhi
5. “It is always the case that when the Christian looks back, he is looking at the forgiveness of sins.” —Karl Barth
6. “As forces of hate in this country and worldwide try to pull Muslims and Christians apart, we are in desperate need of a unifying force that can bridge the widening gap of interfaith misunderstanding and mistrust. That force could be the message of love, peace, and forgiveness taught by Jesus and accepted by followers of both faiths.~Ibrahim Hooper
7. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’~Billy Graham
8. “One of the most important responsibilities in the Christian life is to care about others, smile at them, and be a friend to the friendless.” —James Dobson
9. “The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.” —Basil Hume
10. “The love which moves the world according to common Christian belief is Gods love and the love of God.” —Mortimer Adler
11. “I was born into a Christian family and brought up in a Lutheran church. My faith has been the center point of my life really since I was a child but at 16 years of age, I fully surrendered my life over to Christ. At that point as a teenager, I began to grasp the concept of Christ’s true love and forgiveness.” —Michele Bachmann
12. “I was raised in the Catholic Church, and for me, the thought in the Bible and Christianity, and the spirit within that, is one of the guiding principles in my life.” —Jon Batiste
13. “I desired to become a Christian, and prayed earnestly for the forgiveness of my sins. I felt a peace of mind resulting, and loved everyone, feeling desirous that all should have their sins forgiven, and love Jesus as I did.” —Ellen G. White
14. “The best news of the Christian gospel is that the supremely glorious Creator of the universe has acted in Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection to remove every obstacle between us and himself so that we may find everlasting joy in seeing and savoring his infinite beauty.” —John Piper
15. “When a person thinks, I am a Christian, this other person is a Muslim, therefore he is my enemy, or I am a Muslim, this other person is a Hindu, therefore she is my enemy, they reveal their own lack of spiritual depth. No religion teaches this, and any understanding of any religion that adopts this divisive attitude proves itself false by doing so.” —Tulsi Gabbard
16. “Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.” —T. D. Jakes
17. “The assurance of Heaven is never given to the person. And that’s why at the core of the Christian faith is the grace of God. If there’s one word I would grab from all of that, it’s forgiveness – that you can be forgiven. I can be forgiven, and it is of the grace of God. But once you understand that, I think the ramifications are worldwide.” —Ravi Zacharias
Inspirational Quotes For Christians
God knows that the moment you choose to follow His Son, Christ Jesus, the devil will rise strongly against you. He, therefore, instructs us to encourage each other by sharing our joys, pains, love and sorrows. The Bible says with God all things are possible, so never give up —even if you lose everything like Job. Stay motivated in your Christian life and God will richly reward you.
18. “God does not need your good works, but your neighbor does.”
19. “God does not look at your accomplishments, your success, your wealth or your power. God looks at your heart.”
20. “To be a Christian is to love those around us, in spite of everything.”
21. “We do not reach the top by surpassing others, we reach it by the hand of God.”
22. “Don’t get tired of doing good, you are only delivering a message from God. Evil doesn’t get tired, so you can’t let good rest…”
23. “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’” —Billy Graham
24. “There is no loneliness where Jesus is.”
25. “Trust in God, for He never gives up or betrays. You will never have a friend like Him. Trust Him, for everything, no doubts, no impossibilities.”
26. “With God, you don’t always win, but you never lose.”
27. “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.”
28. “To be a Christian is to love those around us, in spite of everything.”
29. “If you see something disappear from your life, it’s because it didn’t come from God. It went where it came from, because it was temporary. What God sends, neither time, nor distance, nor crises fade it, on the contrary, its value increases more and more.”
30. “When we put everything in God’s hands, our health, our family, our dreams, our finances and our aspirations, we begin to see miracles in our lives.”
Christian Quotes About Love
Here are some Christian quotes about love to remind all believers to be loving at all times. God is love and so anyone who belongs to Him must show love to everyone, including enemies.
31. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.” —1 John 3:1-3
32. “If you have to suffer, let it be for love and not for a mistake, because a mistake hurts twice as much.”
33. “He who does not love has not known God, for God is love.”
34. “You may receive blows from life, sufferings from love, betrayals from friends, but from God, you will only receive: Love.”
35. “No matter how strong the storm you face, never doubt Jesus’ faithfulness and infinite love for us.”
36. “Live, smile and be happy, for it is better to spread joy and love than to sow hate and reap destruction.”
37. “Love is a gift, no matter the hand that gives it. If it causes pain, anxiety or insecurity, then it is not love, it is just a feeling.”
38. “To love your neighbor is the greatest challenge for Christians, for that includes those who judge you, those who speak evil of you, those who hate you and those who persecute you.”
39. “God does not put in your life the person you ask for. God puts in your life the person you need.”
40. “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung and bled and died it was God saying to the world I love you.” —Billy Graham
Christian Quotes About Faith
Faith is very essential in Christianity. It is the foundation that helps believers to receive healing, forgiveness, salvation and partake in the richness of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faith in Jesus can move any mountain of obstruction.
41. “Start your day with faith and prayer and God will give you the strength and wisdom to do what is necessary.”
42. “Thanking God after our prayer has been answered is called gratitude. Thanking God before is called faith.”
43. “The whole being of any Christian is faith and love. Faith brings the person to God, love brings the person to people.”
44. “Faith in God will get you through the deserts of life. Hope will nourish you. Love will make it easy for you.”
45. “Faith is anticipating victory and giving thanks before what we desire happens. It is feeling peace in your heart, knowing that God will never let you down.”
46. “God’s power will never take you where God’s grace cannot protect you. Have faith and don’t give up.”
47. “In your happy moments, praise God. In your difficult moments, seek God. In your quiet moments, worship God. In your moments of sadness, have faith in God.”
48. “How can you know God? Believe in Him with all your heart, because without faith it is impossible to know Him.”
49. “The key that opens the door to God’s blessing is called Faith, and the only one that takes you to heaven is Jesus Christ.
50. “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” —Romans 8:38-39
Thanks for going through these Quotes for Christians. May they be a blessing to you, your friends, family and loved ones. I welcome your contributions and comment. You can also share your favorite Christian quote here with me. Stay blessed!
Republished with permission from Lovelytony22 from his blog https://africanparadiseworld.com.