Read Psalm 37
What are words of comfort for you? What helps you know God is in control and won’t leave you? I know that we all need encouragement today, and we need hope for the future. Everyone has been through so much recently. It has been a lot, whether financially, physically, emotionally, or relationally. The unexpected might have happened and left us wondering what we should do now. Can God pick us up? Does God care? Can God hold us now with His loving arms? This could be when we discover that Jesus is the Suffering Servant. Isaiah talks of Jesus like this:
“Surely He took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by Him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by His wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:4-6
Isaiah tells us what Jesus would do and what it would look like. He suffered on the cross to make atonement for our sins.
Also, looking at Psalms 37, which contrasts the evil and the righteous, we can read words of comfort for trying times. When you read the Scripture in Psalms 37, know this:
- Don’t be afraid of evil.
- Trust in God and keep living for Jesus.
- Learn to delight in the Lord a little more daily.
- Remember that when you delight in the Lord, God will give you the desires of your heart.
- God will take care of you no matter your age.
- Take time for God, and “quiet your heart in his presence and pray.” (Psalms 37: 7 TPT) Be still before the Lord, or rest before Him, because He gives you hope and security.
- Trust God in every area of your life. “Keep trusting in the Lord and do what is right in His eyes. Fix your heart on the promises of God and you will be secure, feasting on His faithfulness.” (Psalms 37:3 TPT)
While reading Psalms 37, know that it brings comfort to your heart, mind, and soul.
Thank You that You are Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Reign in my heart today. Let me trust You in every area of my life. I want to be still before You and come into Your presence because my soul delights in You and longs for You. I commit myself to You.
Used with permission from Tanja Tuovinen.