Preparing for Eternity, Anticipating Heaven, Happiness in Jesus: My Q&A at First Baptist Leesburg - Blog - Eternal Perspective Ministries
Earlier this month, I visited First Baptist of Leesburg, Florida and spoke at their weekend services on the subject of my book The Treasure Principle (I’ll share the video of that message in a separate blog soon).
I absolutely loved being there at this church. I spent a lot of time with Pastor Cliff and his wife Suzy—such wonderful people, as are so many others I met. The ministries on that church campus are remarkable. I visited their pregnancy care center and met the women who work there, as well as the people in the men’s and women’s rehab and other ministries.
These pictures are from the pregnancy resource center:
The women’s rehab center:
The men’s rehab center:
An amazing place. The movie No Vacancy tells the true story of the church taking funds that have been allotted for a new building and using them instead to buy a rundown motel next to the church property, and convert it into housing to get women and children off the streets. I met some of the people there, and it was very touching.
This short video is from Dean Cain, one of the lead actors in the No Vacancy movie. (Years ago he was in the Superman series Lois and Clark.)
Here are some pictures of Samaritan Inn:
I was also able to reunite with my friends Art and Kelly Ayris, who founded the wonderful comic book/graphic novel publisher Kingstone, which publishes both my graphic novels Eternity and The Apostle. Art is also on the staff of First Baptist Leesburg.
During that weekend, I did an evening Q&A with Pastor Cliff, and we covered a range of topics and questions:
- Will we still enjoy/dislike the same things in Heaven?
- How do you prepare yourself for death? What did I learn through Nanci’s example?
- Will we know our loved ones in Heaven?
- What did I learn about marriage in eternity while writing Heaven?
- What about the end times? Where should our focus and emphasis be?
- From what I learned writing Happiness, can Christians be happy, or should we only be joyful?
- What is my approach to the problem of evil and suffering in my book If God Is Good?
- Why did I write hand in Hand, about God’s sovereignty and meaningful personal choice?
- How did I get involved with prolife work?