I know all about battling control and so does today’s guest, Shannon Popkin, author of the book, “Control Girl.” Today, Shannon and I talk about all things related to how to stop being a controlling woman. We talk about: why women control, how we control, and what some of the antidotes are for control. If you’re looking for help on how to stop being this kind of controlling woman, I hope you’ll tune in to this delightful and informative conversation.
Here are some of the highlights from How to Stop Being a Controlling Woman:
- Shannon and I share our stories of trying to control our husband’s clothing choices (and not in a helpful way!).
- We talk about where this whole struggle with control began, biblically, and how women have been wrestling control since the days of Eve.
- We talk about becoming aware of the things we are trying to control and then becoming realistic about what is within our control and what is outside of our control.
- Controlling our bodies, our food, our families, and other things can have a real (and damaging) impact on our lives. We discuss some of the effect of control.
- We end with some encouragement for moms who have a prodigal child, are trying to raise “healthy” daughters, and more.
- You may want to check out Heather’s confession of being a controlling woman and how it affected her marriage in this blog post.
Mentioned in today’s show:
Shannon’s book, Control Girl – Find it here on Amazon (Amazon affiliate link). https://amzn.to/3oo2URc
Shannon’s first episode with Heather on comparison. LIsten here. https://comparedtowho.me/podcast-quitting-the-comparison-girl-game-with-shannon-popkin/
Erin Davis’s book, Grafitti for girls. (Amazon affiliate link) https://amzn.to/3rpbUYh
Get freebies from Shannon here: https://www.controlgirl.com
Connect with Shannon here: https://www.shannonpopkin.com or on Instagram or Facebook.
Offers from Compared to Who? Connect with Heather:
Connect with Compared to Who? take the body image quiz and get the free walking workout here: https://www.comparedtowho.me
Ready to support Compared to Who? on Patreon and join our Patreon community? Learn more here: https://www.patreon.com/comparedtowho
Loving the show? Leave a review! Find out more here: https://www.comparedtowho.me/podcast
Ready for coaching? Learn more here: https://www.comparedtowho.me/coaching
Leave a voice message with a question for the show or a comment about how the show has blessed you. Use the speak pipe link at the bottom of this page: https://www.comparedtowho.me/podcast
Used with permission by Heather Creekmore of Compared to Who? Learn more about the ministry of Compared to Who? at https://www.comparedtowho.me.